Thousands of people have seen outstanding weight loss results from weekly injections of Semaglutide—sometimes known under the brand names Ozempic®, Rybelsus®, and Wegovy®. With that in mind, Valley Integrative Medicine in Roanoke, Virginia is happy to announce our Semaglutide Medical Weight Loss Program. Our clinic focuses on health and wellness and we want to help guide you to lose weight in a healthy, sustainable way.
A healthy weight reduces many risks and we are here to help you achieve that goal along with a healthy lifestyle.
What Can I Expect From the Semaglutide Weight Loss Program?
Our 90-day comprehensive weight loss program includes:
- Two appointments with our Nurse Practitioner in our clinic.
- Your first set of labs that will be done in our office the day of your first appointment.
- Three sessions with a health coach (virtually)
- A 90-day supply of Semaglutide (given monthly)
- First administration of Semaglutide injection in the office with demonstration and education to complete at home. If you are uncomfortable with self-injection, we offer weekly injections to be completed in our office during business hours with no additional charges.
What is Semaglutide?
Semaglutide is a peptide 1 agnostic (or GLP-1 agonist) that activates metabolic pathways in the body to increase blood sugar metabolism and reduce appetite. It mimics a health-promoting naturally occurring peptide in the body. Studies have shown that Semaglutide can reduce appetite, reduce cravings, as well as improve blood sugar control. It works best with lifestyle changes.
What Are the Potential Benefits of Semaglutide?
- Reduce appetite
- Physical hunger decreased
- Better sleep
- Improved energy levels
- Improved insulin pathways and blood sugar levels
- On average, patient’s have lost 15% of their body weight (in increments of 1-3 pounds per week).
Please note, results will vary based on diet, lifestyle changes made, and starting weight.
What Are Potential Semaglutide Side Effects?
Some of the most common side effects while taking Semaglutide for weight loss include:
- Stomach pain
Just like any medication there are side effects, but Semaglutide has fewer side effects than most weight loss medications on the market. The slow increase in dosing of Semaglutide, along with your lifestyle modifications can help control the side effects. Additionally, the Semaglutide we order for our patient’s is compounded with B12, which also helps curb the potential side effects. If you do experience side effects, your Nurse Practitioner in the clinic can adjust the dosing as needed.
Who Is Not a Good Candidate For the Semaglutide Weight Loss Program?
While Semaglutide is safe to use, it is not intended for use if you have any of the following:
- Personal or family history of medullary thyroid cancer
- Type-1 diabetes
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndrome Type 2
- Known allergy to Semaglutide
- Currently breastfeeding or have a plan to breastfeed
- Currently pregnant
Please call our office at (540) 556-1061 for details and to determine if you are a good candidate for the use of Semaglutide for weight loss. We look forward to hearing from you.